[Cube] Wich Graphic card?

Donald Schwab deschwab at descom-usa.com
Tue Nov 8 03:41:19 PST 2005

Radeon 7500 works excellently in my Cube, and supports Quartz
Extreme, which I wanted.

The plus side of the 7500 is no fan.

And that is the plus of my Gigadesigns 1.2 GHz upgrade -- no fan.

I also have 1.25 GB of RAM installed, and do not have any overheating
problems.

If some were to develop, I guess the quietest fan in the world would
be necessary, but I am dubious about lasting quietness in any fan.

My Cube is a music server for my network, a CD Changer server for my
extensive CD collection, and a relatively secure email client support
vehicle for my correspondence.

It lives in a living room by the main stereo set, and must, must be
quiet.

Relative quietness is acceptable in the 3.0 GHz Windows PCs and the
Mac G5 2.0 GHz Mac G5 dual processor in my studio/office; absolute
quiet is imperative in the LR.

Even a mini-Mac would be questionably acceptable there.

Don