[Cube] Re: CD Stuck in Drive

MorningAJ phoenix at cybernothing.org
Thu Nov 10 12:46:58 PST 2005

Luis Meleiro writes:

> Rick: I suppose you've tried the emergency eject button with the
> Cube powered, or was it unpowered?
> If you really need to get that CD out of there, I'm affraid there's
> no alternative left other than dismantle the drive.

    Dismantle?

    I once forgot to remove a CD from the drive (this being the original
DVD-ROM drive, not a Combo or Superdrive) when I had the chassis out to
install an Airport card. I found the little switch at the top of the drive,
depressed it using a pen cap, and got the CD out. At least, that's how I
remember it happening...

cheers,
A.J.
 --
"Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting"
    -- Steve McQueen