[Cube] help with protection of surges

Lacorona at aol.com Lacorona at aol.com
Wed Oct 5 18:24:54 PDT 2005

In a message dated 10/5/05 6:13:48 PM,
cube-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com writes:

> http://cubeowner.com/kbase_2/?page=index_v2&id=39&c=3

thank you for the link to 'hard reset', appreciate it.

My cube, TV and DS cable   modem   had something go through them when a
lightening strike came through the ceiling in the next room last week. The tv works
fine except everyone is quite green, and color adjustments wont fix it; the
dvd player in it also plays every movie starring green people. (cable/bradband
 runs to tv and computer at same time)

Whatever happened, it fried the cable modem, a motorola, which the cable
people took away and seated a new one, but my cube would not stay in ethernet, no
matter what they did. So, they had to hook up   to my other computer that was
apparently unaffected .

Here are my questions: storms come up in an instant or i live on a small lake
at the base of a mountain.... anyone know about lightning rods attached to
outside house... i am serious. This is the   second lightning strike near the
house in three y ears. Last time it   fried a little tv, turning the white
casing bright yellow.

Second   question: I had good surge protectors on all equipment. Ought i
replace them now?

3. Is there   any extra strong kind of surge protector i ought knkow about

thanks
ceep