[Cube] RE: Need help with Cube gfx problem

Lou Hosta louh at mac.com
Sun Oct 9 08:36:33 PDT 2005

4. Perform a File System Check. Restart the computer holding down the
Command/S keys.
When a black Terminal screen appears with a bunch of code scrolling
down the page, wait
until it stops entering code. Type /sbin/fsck -fy (be sure there is a
space before the -fy). If it
now says your Mac is OK, type exit and hit Return. In place of /sbin/
fsck -y you can rather just
type fsck -y I have learned. But I always type it the way I
originally learned. If it says repairs
  have been made retype the above again until it states that the hard
drive is OK. This may
take three or four times.  You then want to type "sbin/mount -
uw" (without the quotes).  After
this type "exit" (without the quotes".  This may resolve what sounds
like kernal panics to me.
As long as you are careful to type exactly what I just told you,
Terminal should not be a big scare.

You may also want to repair permissions and zap you PRAM.

Lou

A few weeks back the system began displaying the black "You must restart
your computer" screen. If I attempted to reboot immediately, it would
revert to that screen before completing the reboot, but if I let it sit
for a while, it would reboot successfully and work for a while before
displaying the screen again. This problem seemed to get progressively
worse, and the time I was able to actually use the system before that
screen popping up lessened to a few minutes.