[Cube] Need help with Cube gfx problem

John Bryan johnbryan at mac.com
Mon Oct 10 18:10:03 PDT 2005

I had the same problem a few months ago on a G4/450 Cube with BTO
Radeon (w fan).

This problem I found is apparently referred to as the Grey Striped
Screen of Death.

I replaced the Radeon and the problem stopped.  Swapped in with a
NVIDIA GeForce2 MX, still with 32MB, so about like what I had with
the Radeon, no problems since.  No fan on this Cube, either.

The thing just crapped out, apparently.  I had lubed the fan axle up
on the Radeon a couple of years ago and that stopped a shrieking
problem it was making, and the temp stayed down, but then a few
months ago I started getting these GSSODs.  Did some digging, asked
around here, and that's what I came up with.  It would happen only
when I did something with the mouse, and it would do just like you
describe.

jb