[Cube] Serial devices, a mystery

Donald Schwab deschwab at descom-usa.com
Mon Oct 24 05:44:43 PDT 2005

I know how to setup serial devices on a PC, but am mystified by my
Mac Cube.

I have shifted from a PC (Shuttle XPC), a bit too noisy, to my
fanless 1.2 ghz Gigadesigns Cube for running Music Library and other
recorded music programs, in my living room

Bill McCain's Music Library 2.5 will control an Inday Multimedia DA4X-
RS, a Toslink optical switch, which allows his program to operate all
three of my changers.

But the Mac version of Music Library (a Java program) so far doesn't
seem to control the Inday switch.

I am using a Keyspan USB to Serial adapter to control the Sony CD
changers, and it is working fine.  I have installed (successfully,
per all accounts) an Iogear USB to Serial adapter to run the Inday
switch.

The switch calls for a 9600 bps, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity
serial setup.  So far, in Mac OS X Tiger, and the Apple web site, I
have not found the info I need to successfully configure my Mac.

Anyone have any ideas, or any experience with this setup.

(I haven't heard from Bill McCain of Metaconnect on this, and hoped
to maybe beat him to the punch!)

Don Schwab