[Cube] DO Powerlogix CPU upgrades run cooler? And how cool is cool?

Andrew in Ann Arbor aklist04 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 8 06:40:33 PST 2006

> You might want to wait for PowerLogix's coming 7448 CPU upgrade. Her
> is the link:
>
> <http://www.powerlogix.com/press/releases/2006/060110.html>
>
> Joel

Thanks for the link Joel, they also have Cube CPU upgrades.
<http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/accelerators/PowerLogix/PowerForce-G4-
Cube/>

And they specifically claim:
"The PowerForce '47 and '57 use VRM Bypass technology to keep your Cube
cool. Even cooler than a stock processor and VRM!"

Of course they also say:
"A fan was designed to be installed into the chassis of the Cube, but
it was decided at the last minute to not include it. There is even a
power plug built into the unit to plug this missing fan into. We ship a
low noise fan with this (Dual G4) upgrade to keep everything as cool as
possible, because heat can and will cause component failure
prematurely. This is cheap insurance for your investment."
Does anyone have any experience with these products?

I like the idea of bypassing the Voltage Regulator Module for the CPU
upgrade.
I've got a thermometer stuck into the top of my cube and it's reading
95 degrees farenheit (Safari and Mail running, ambient temperature 66
F). That seems reasonable to me, any other data points?

Andrew in Ann Arbor
technology is the answer, what was the question?