[Cube] maintenance issues, Onyx and Cube running tiger

Andrew in Ann Arbor aklist04 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 26 13:51:31 PST 2006

I've got Panther (10.3.9) running on my 450 450 MHz cube.
I put the cube to sleep when I go to sleep and wake it up in the
morning when I wake up.
I've got Onyx installed and run it manually once a week from my
administrator account.
I understand that most of what Onyx does would happen automatically if
I didn't put the machine to sleep.
Would it make sense to program the cube to wake up whenever the
scheduled maintenance is supposed to happen.
How do I figure out when the maintenance is supposed to happen?
If I set the computer to wake up at 2:50 AM (or whenever it is
scheduled to maintain itself) can I stop running Onyx?

On a related subject  is there any security advantage to using the
computer from a limited account?
I've been doing so out of habit since in the Windows world there is a
real advantage to operating from a limited account because it makes it
harder for malware to install itself.
Is there any reason not to allow my everyday account to "administer"
the computer?
I would still save the admin account for troubleshooting

Andrew in Ann Arbor
technology is the answer, what was the question?