[Cube] Do the processor upgrade cards fix Firewire?

Sean Ferguson seanferguson at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 1 22:15:00 PDT 2006

Richard,
I tried both resets about a year ago with no luck. But your
mentioning it prompted me to look up my "how to" notes since I have
nothing to loose by trying again. Then I also saw a note that said to
try "resetting the Open Firmware," which I do not remember trying.
But since the note gave no coaching, I'll have to find some
instructions first. ... ... Still, in case I try all these fixes
again and nothing works, can a "layperson" buy just the firewire chip
somewhere? Does CubeOwner or someplace else have the instructions
posted on how to replace one?

Thanks,
Sean