[Cube] Sonnet "Cube kit"

gladys pérez-almiroty almiroty at prtc.net
Wed Mar 15 19:59:02 PST 2006

On Mar 15, 2006, at 5:06 PM, Riba wrote:

> On Mar 15, 2006, at 21:05, Gary Heartsfield wrote:
>
>> Interesting
>>
>> My cube with the powerlogix 1.7 sleeps fine, also wakes up fine.
>
> As far as I understand, the recent upgrades may not have that
> problem, but it's a lottery I'm not willing to participate in.
>
>> I have seen lots of comments about the same.  What speed upgrade
>> are you looking at?  the 500 is not much of a step up.
>
> It's 750 actually. :)
>
>> I really think my 1.7 does some things faster than my wifes second
>> gen Imac G5. ( hers is still nice though )
>
> Considering that I'm quite happy with 450 MHz, any speed bump will
> make me even happier.

  well, you are going to love this! i have a cube- os 10.4.5, 450
mhz, 1.2 mb ram,  7200 rpm 120 gb hd and an imac g5 1.8 w/ 2gb ram,
same os. nothing else changed. they are sitting side by side.
i booted the imac and then the cube. guess which one finished faster?
the cube by a long stretch! it might not be the fastest, but it still
is very respectable.
gladys