[Cube] Sonnet "Cube kit"

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Wed Mar 15 22:40:57 PST 2006

That is cool, Gladys.
However, when you compare Apples to Apples the iMac G5 2.1Ghz is over
2.5X faster according to an XBench v.1.2 comparison.

Updated Cube  =  31.94
iMac G5     =        82.66

Both running 10.4.5, both with 1.5MB RAM.
The Cube running a 120GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 with a Sonnet 1.2GHz
upgrade card. The iMac running a standard issue Western Digital 250GB
drive.

I agree that the Cube in day-to-day use feels quite snappy. Where you
notice a big difference is working with big video and Photoshop
files. Then the ol' Cube really starts to lag. But we still love it!
Rod