[Cube] CD will not eject!

Riba riba at ml1.net
Tue May 16 01:20:26 PDT 2006

On 2006.05.16, at 10:00, benjamin sims wrote:

>  I have a Cd stuck in the drive-it will not eject, no metter what I
> try--any advice?

Do you hear it buzzing, but the CD stays in? It is a common problem,
after a while the rollers that push the CD out start slipping.
Sticking a business card (or airplane ticket, those work
beautifully :)) and wiggling it while the drive is trying to eject
usually helps push the CD enough for you to grab it and pull it out.
Recently I got fed up with such worakrounds and bought an external
firewire box for dual layer DVD drive to be used for backups and as a
replacement for built in drive.