[Cube] DVI to ADC adapters question...

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Fri Apr 6 10:53:52 PDT 2007

On 22 Mar, 2007, at 5:52 AM, Riba wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> As some of you may know, a while ago I bought a DVI to ADC adapter
> on ebay. However the USPS managed to screw it up and they delivered
> it to god knows whom, but it certainly wasn't me. Of course it
> wasn't insured.
>
> Anyway, I have to buy another one, but while looking for another
> one I spotted that there are two Apple part numbers for DVI to ADC
> adapters. One is M8661LL/B, and the other is A1006. On the photos
> they look the same and I haven't noticed any differences between
> them. Can someone shed some light on this?

If you bought the adapter in order to use it with an Apple ADC
display monitor, you may have some connection problems.

I bought such an adapter from the San Francisco Apple Store last year
after a "Mac Genius" there told me that it would allow me to use my
old 17" ADC display with my G5. WRONG, wrong, and wrong again,
Buckwheat!!

The device would not work with the ADC display because it could not
provide the electrical power connection to the display as the
original connector did from a G4 ADC socket. Ultimately, I had to
take the adapter back to Apple to get a refund of my money.

I don't have any of the paperwork that came with the adapter any more
and I don't remember which model adapter I had tried. Just a warning
that there may be problems with your purchase.