[Cube] Cube longevity...

Erik Ness dads at tds.net
Mon Apr 16 14:06:39 PDT 2007

Hey all,

I'm still happily running a cube with the original processor &
graphic card, but new hard drive and optical. I'm trying to get a
general sense of cube longevity because my big monitor just died and
I'm caught in the classic upgrade-or-ride-it-out dilemma. Do I get a
tide-me-over monitor, or upgrade across the board (I'd probably go
iMac in the largest screen configuration). I use mine daily, powering
down on most nights. The only significant problem I ever had was the
drives dying. Otherwise it seems like it just might run forever.

Any comments appreciated, but mostly I'm looking for tales about
longevity -- or lack there-of.

Cheers,

Erik