[Cube] Newer OS X for Cube

Bill Fox wfoxjr at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 20 16:13:09 PDT 2007

I believe that 10.3 (Panther) was the last Mac OS X that with a
Classic disc. You need to buy the full retail version, not borrow a
system disc that came with another computer unless it is an identical
model. For example, Amazon.com has used Panther discs <http://
www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0000E6NK9/
ref=sr_1_olp_14/002-9831811-1127257?
ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1177109512&sr=8-14> as does eBay. I am sure
there are other resellers of Panther.

However, if you have a Mac OS 9.x full install disc, you can use it
with 10.4.x Tiger. I am running 10.4.9 and 10.4.9 Server on my Cube
with Mac OS X 9.2 running as well.

You might also install Classic with 10.1 that you have and use a full
retail Mac OS X 10.4.x disc to upgrade to Tiger with Classic.

Bill