[Cube] Newer OS X for Cube

atoa atoa at krak.net
Sat Apr 21 17:38:42 PDT 2007

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007, Ronald Steinke wrote:

> On 21 Apr, 2007, at 7:44 AM, atoa wrote:
>
>> Tiger is available on 4cds.
>
> Only after buying the DVD set and sending in more money and a request for the
> CD version.

No. You can buy it for $129 at fastmac. And Apple only charged $9.95 for
the exchange.

> My thought is that you have already bought the 10.4 version and should not
> have to spend more money to make it work on a non-DVD native machine. It
> should have been available at the outset in both DVD and CD versions for the
> customer to choose from. Of course, I also believe that we shouldn't have to
> pay for an incremental upgrade, ie: 10.4.x to 10.5.x. It should be priced in
> the same manner as versions 7, 8, and 9 were.

Seems to me that if you bought the DVD version, and knew you didn't have a
DVD drive available, it isn't Apple's fault.
Apple prices its products in line with what it thinks the market will
bear. What's wrang with that?

> This is a case of Apple learning how to get more from its customers, just
> like MonopolySoft has been doing since Whinedoze v95.

Ditto.