[Cube] Thinking about a upgrade

Luis Meleiro luis_meleiro at cilsp.com
Thu Feb 1 01:24:09 PST 2007

I agree with riba concerning both - internal and external -
temperatures, but there's no safe way to run (current available)
upgrades without a fan.

<http://www.cubeowner.com/forums/index.php?s=168f2bed97a64f923f55072292f682e0&showtopic=5714>

I may be pushing my luck a bit, but here are my Cube specifications
(please note my fan speed):

Mac OS 10.4.8 & Mac OS 9.2.2 | PowerLogix PowerForce 7447A DP 1.7GHz +
CPUD v2.3b5 | 1.5GB RAM | Seagate Barracuda V 120GB [8MB cache] | NVIDIA
GeForce2 MX 32MB + Spirica Extended Heatsink | Spirica VRM Heatsink |
Panasonic DL SuperDrive | Zalman 7V Fan | Apple 17 ADC LCD | Apple
iSight | Apple Pro Keyboard [black] | Apple BlueTooth Mouse [original] |
Harman/Kardon SoundSticks II | Griffin iMic

LM

>>>riba at ml1.net 02/01/07 8:35 am >>>

External temperature matters as well. If the ambient temperature is
lower it will absorb heat from the cube easier.