[Cube] Thinking about a upgrade

Luis Meleiro luis_meleiro at cilsp.com
Thu Feb 1 11:49:05 PST 2007

While I agree with you concerning both - internal and external - temperatures, there's no safe way to run (current available) upgrades without a fan.

<http://www.cubeowner.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5714>

I may be pushing my luck a bit (please note my - modified - fan speed), but these are my Cube specifications:

Mac OS 10.4.8 & Mac OS 9.2.2 | PowerLogix PowerForce 7447A DP 1.7GHz + CPUD v2.3b5 | 1.5GB RAM | Seagate Barracuda V 120GB [8MB cache] | NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 32MB + Spirica Extended Heatsink | Spirica VRM Heatsink | Panasonic DL SuperDrive | Zalman 7V Fan | Apple 17 ADC LCD | Apple iSight | Apple Pro Keyboard [black] | Apple BlueTooth Mouse [original] | Harman/Kardon SoundSticks II | Griffin iMic

I am pretty happy with the temperature results though... 35º to 38º C when idle.

LM

>>>riba at ml1.net 02/01/07 8:35 am >>>

External temperature matters as well. If the ambient temperature is
lower it will absorb heat from the cube easier.