[Cube] Thinking about a upgrade

Kim David McNeill Simmons ksphoto1 at one.net
Thu Feb 1 07:19:31 PST 2007

Riba,
	I was in the same boat as well. I eventually regulated my cube to
internet browsing and email.
The problem with upgrading via an upgrade card is just common sense.
You can buy a stripped down Mini-Mac for $600 dollars that is by far
faster than any upgrade you can do, remember the bus is still slow no
matter how fast you make the CPU.
For just under $800.00 you can buy a Mini-Mac that has a DVD. As much
as we all love our Cubes, there comes a time when we have to own up
to the facts, it is far better the buy new then to remodel.

Keep in mind Apple really no longer supports their Apple monitor ADC
connection so if you have that kind of monitor you will be buying an
adapter that will cost you around $100.00,if you have a VGA or DVI
style connection monitor you are OK

Kim Simmons