[Cube] Re: Need a USB 2.0 interface now SCSI options

Dan Oetting dan_oetting at qwest.net
Tue Jan 16 21:35:43 PST 2007

On Jan 16, 2007, at 12:24 PM, Andrew wrote:

> On Jan 16, 2007, at 13:52, cube-
> request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:
>> I use the Microtech USB-SCSI adapter and it works in 10.3 and 10.4
>> just fine without a driver.  VuScan finds the SCSI scanner and
>> operated it OK, too.
>
> Thanks for the reply, I'll keep an eye out for the Microtech unit.
> I tried a Belkin F5U015 USB-SCSI adapter and couldn't get it to
> work in OSX or Classic under OSX.

I've been using an FR1SX Firewire to SCSI bridge for some time to
erase data on various old drives. (actually had 2 but managed to
fritz one)
<http://www.ratocsystems.com/english/products/subpages/firerex1.html>

My only complaints are that it doesn't handle S.M.A.R.T. diagnostic
data and only supports 1 drive at a time (no LUNs or SCSI chains).

-- Dan O.