[Cube] smoking Cube

Jan Georgen jwgeorgen at mac.com
Sat Jan 27 18:35:44 PST 2007

Okay, something bad has happened to my son's cube. Long story short:
when I plug the power into the back of the cube, the green power
light glows as well as the red lcd. I can hit the power button and it
glows but immediately turns off, all the while the green and red lcd
lights are glowing. I then catch that horrible scent of electrical
problems and pluu the power plug from the back. I traded power button
+ cable and had the same result and when I return the test items to
my cube, all worked well.

so where shall I begin? DC-DC board? Oh brother, I hate that smell...

Thanks

Jan Georgen