[Cube] smoking Cube

Frederick Manter frederix9 at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 27 19:30:33 PST 2007

Can you tell us if the cube is a stock one or has it been upgraded,
either the cpu or the video card. The upgraded one's are far more
prone to problems, could be something like a dead fan or an
installation goof. Is the smell coming from inside the cube's plastic
case or is it from the power supply brick? It's very easy to take the
computer out of it's case and you might be able to spot something
that's amiss by using a flashlight or smell where it's coming from,
could be as simple as something falling in there. If it's in the
power supply it probably means it's going as they are usually the
first big problem and they can't be repaired, you will have to find
one on eBay as Apple doesn't do them anymore. If we had more
information maybe someone on the list can come up with something that
will help you.

Good luck,

Frederick