[Cube] smoking Cube

Seth Maynard sethwm2 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 13:47:59 PST 2007

Yeah just because it is coming up in VNC does not mean that it is
going to display. A certain part of the board could be damaged and the
rest could be fine but that does not help you any does it?? lol. OK So
you can pick a new graphics card for it cheep on ebay or something
this should fix your issue. I am thinking if the new card doers not
fix your issue you are going to have some issues and unless you know
exactly what you are doing with electronics and you have instruments
to look at the motherboard and the extender card to see what componets
that you have to replace then I think that you are out of luck and you
moght want to get a new Cube on ebay. The price of them have been
going up because they have been getting more rare as they get older. I
got mine just in time so that I did not have to pay a lot for it. I
think that I got a 500 MHz Cube with a gig of ram for like $329.00. I
got very lucky with this deal and I tryed to find something like this
for my grandfather and I could not. Good Luck!!!

On 1/28/07, Dan Oetting <dan_oetting at qwest.net> wrote:

> On Jan 27, 2007, at 8:53 PM, Jan Georgen wrote:
>
> > I will do further investigating re: source of the burning smell.
>
> If you can smell smoke there is almost always physical evidence of
> what was smoking. The type of smell can be a clue of what to look
> for: plastics from wire insulation, epoxy from circuit boards,
> silicon dioxide from an exploded IC, dielectrics from capacitors etc.
> all give off unique odors. A visual inspection can spot the charred
> component, smoke trails or debris field. What you don't want to do is
> plug it in again or start swapping components from a working system
> until you've identified the cause.
>
> -- Dan O.

Seth Maynard
Sethwm2 at gmail.com
This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, retention,
distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the
recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all
copies of this message. Also, email is susceptible to data
corruption, interception, tampering, unauthorized amendment and
viruses. We only send and receive emails on the basis that we are
not liable for any such corruption, interception, tampering,
amendment or viruses or any consequence thereof.
-----
Fight back spam! Download the Blue Frog.
http://www.bluesecurity.com/register/s?user=c2V0aHdtMjM1MTY%3D