[Cube] Fading Display or burned out video card

David Iverson nebdave at mac.com
Mon Jul 9 07:55:01 PDT 2007

I have a Cube with a stock 500Mhz CPU, a Ge3 card, maxed out memory, and
120GB drive, fully updated 10.4.1.

In the last week or so, at boot, it started showing a black screen with a
message in multiple languages to restart the computer.

Now, it is only fully booting occasionally and even when it does, the
display is flecked with off-color specks in a linear pattern.

I am thinking the card is giving out, and I don¹t have a convenient way to
swap out and test it ­ anybody have any thoughts on whether it is the card
or the display?

Dave Iverson