[Cube] MAzimum Hard Drive size for Cube ?

Stefan no-spam at punkt-x.de
Fri Jul 20 08:09:25 PDT 2007

>Hi
>
>I use that software from Intech. It works great gives me access to
>320 GB internal IDE drive, but the only problem I didn't foresee is
>when connecting the cube as a FW disk to another mac, it will not be
>able to access anything past the 128 GB, EVEN IF the other mac loads
>the Intech driver... so its a small limitation to be aware of.
>Francois

Hi Francois,

I read your posting.

Some years ago I installed the Intech-driver for a while but found it
instable then.
And I was concerned for my data.
Now you brought back my interest. :-)

Do you have experiences with situations when you had to repair your
(large!) harddisk
by booting in root-mode or with harddisk-toolkit (original Apple or
other) when starting from a connected firewire-drive? (I don't mean
target-mode!)
Does the 128 GB-limit exist in that case too?

That's what moves my mind.

Or are there any other problems to mention?
I hope you will tell us everything of importance?

Thanks for answering in advance
Stefan