[Cube] Processor upgrades

Laura laurasm at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 22 17:40:15 PDT 2007

I've been lurking on this list for several years now, but have used my cube
less since buying my 1.5GHz Powerbook. But now that I *finally* have an
Apple Studio display, I'd prefer working on the huge photo files of which I
do daily extensive editing with the better monitor.

I know I can buy an expensive adapter to use it with my Powerbook, but I'm
remembering that many of you here have had good success with upgrading the
Cube processor to at least 1.5 GHz, and I'd like to consider doing the same.
My questions:

Do any of you experience problems since you've upgraded? How long have you
used the upgraded processor, and which brands are reputed to be the best?
How much do/did they cost? From which vendors did you buy it? Were you able
to install yourself or did you send out to a repair facility?

Thanks in advance

Laura