[Cube] Processor upgrades

Riba riba at ml1.net
Mon Jul 23 00:38:43 PDT 2007

On 2007.07.23, at 02:40, Laura wrote:

> I know I can buy an expensive adapter to use it with my Powerbook,
> but I'm
> remembering that many of you here have had good success with
> upgrading the
> Cube processor to at least 1.5 GHz, and I'd like to consider doing
> the same.
> My questions:
>
> Do any of you experience problems since you've upgraded? How long
> have you
> used the upgraded processor, and which brands are reputed to be the
> best?
> How much do/did they cost? From which vendors did you buy it? Were
> you able
> to install yourself or did you send out to a repair facility?

Hello Laura - we're in the same boat, and while looking around I
found out that the CPU upgrades are increasingly getting hard to find.
As far as the problems go, the only one I recall is the sleep problem
with the Powerlogix upgrades, but I don't know if that one is still
current.
For all my shopping I turn to OWC www.macsales.com, but right now
www.yourmacstore.com has Giga Designs upgrade on offer for $300:
http://www.yourmacstore.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=483