[Cube] Stefan ...

Gary garylauterback at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 25 20:13:44 PDT 2007

Hey Stefan,

Skip the X.3.9 and jump right into 10.4..  then do all the updates.
There are fixes along the way in those updates.  Besides, going from
X.2 up to X.4 is a LONG and very time consuming process.  Just go to
Tiger.

While my Cube has retired, I'm using a Dual 1 GIG processor Dual
Mirror'd tower.

When my Cube resigned, it was running a version of Tiger (X.4).  In
my view, don't be afraid of Tiger, as the Cats go, it's the best one
yet.

If you can stay away from OS 9, I'd recommend it.  There is nothing
(in my view) that OS 9 does that Tiger can do better.  Tiger is a
solid OS.

If you have freezing in OS X, replace your RAM.  Your Cube can take
up to 1.5 GIG.  It is WELL WORTH THE MONEY.

I hope this helps ....

Gary

On Jun 25, 2007, at 1:50 PM, cube-
request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:

> Skipping any upgrades as you go is not advisable, as long as you go
> 10.2.8 to 10.3 to 10.3.9 to 10.4 to 10.4.2 and on

Gary Lauterback
garylauterback at earthlink.net

Making a difference ... again!