[Cube] USB stopped working

phoenix phoenix at cybernothing.org
Sat Mar 3 16:04:53 PST 2007

Quoth bruce --

> USB stopped working.
> I'm still under Panther and my USB suddenly stopped working. I'm hoping that
> someone knows a quick fix as I don't really want to do a system install
> right now.

     Last time my USB things stopped working, unplugging and
re-plugging them seemed to do the trick. This was a relief, as I
didn't want to have to buy another iMic.

> I plan on finally installing Tiger on my cube next month when I have a
> little time. Also, does anyone know if Tiger will install and operate with
> any success in an old G3 400 mg Powerbook or is that pushing it?
> Thanks again as usual.

     Tiger runs well on my Cube, my G3 iBook 700, and my Pismo (G3
Powerbook 400 MHz w/ Firewire). Turning off Spotlight and Dashboard
seems to have improved performance, too.

AJM

--
"there's more to life than gears and horsepower
not much, admittedly, but you get the point..."  -- Road Kill