[Cube] Cube with Dell 2005 FPW display?

Riba riba at ml1.net
Sun Mar 11 13:25:40 PDT 2007

On Mar 11, 2007, at 20:18, Andrew wrote:

> Hello all
> I've finally got the Dell 2005 FPW LCD display that I've wanted for
> a while and I've got it hooked up to my 450 MHz Cube (OS 3.9 radeon
> 7500 32MB video card).
> I'm trying to decide what video settings work best and was
> wondering if anyone else using this display might have some
> suggestions for settings.

You should use it on its native resolution, whichever it is,
otherwise the picture will look "blurry".

> I've also got the choice of connecting through DVI (with an ADC to
> DVI adapter) or through VGA.
> Both seem to work about the same, is there a compelling reason to
> use one over the other?
> The Dell display has it's own power connection so it's not drawing
> power from the cube.

You should connect it to DVI with ADC to DVI adapter. That way you
are sending it digital signal which is not prone to noise and
distortion lika analog VGA signal is. Besides, VGA signal gets
converted to analog in graphic card and then converted back to
digital in monitor so it makes sense to skip these two unnecessary
steps...