[Cube] Leopard install

Riba riba at ml1.net
Wed Nov 28 03:04:36 PST 2007

So I promised to report back when I finally install the Leopard on my
Cube.

Yesterday I bought a new hard drive as DiskWarrior seemed to report
bad block and general access problems on my Cube drive when mounted
in target disk mode. I have put the new disk in, and when I tried to
format it, Disk utility would refuse and report an input/output
error. Tired various things and jumper settings with no luck. Finally
I've put the new disk in the external firewire box, and that way I
had no problems formatting and installing it. Finally I have put the
disk in the Cube and it booted fine. The only problem I noticed so
far is that the application for my Skype phone no longer works.

So to summarize:
- the old hard drive was not broken (but I'm glad i replaced it as it
was more than 4 years in service)
- for whatever reason my Cube seems to have problems when mounted in
the target disk mode although the firewire port works fine with
external devices

There, hopefully this info will be of some use to someone.