[Cube] leopard and cubes and other stuff{1.6 dual pwrlogx]

Dave Cunningham cngnhmwa at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 26 20:34:53 PDT 2007

my cube is currently running a dual 1.6 ghz powerlogix with 1.12 gb
ram, with a geforce3  128 mb. it's been running a tad glitchy lately
with funny video performance on streaming things. should not be,as i
have decent dsl, even out here in the boonies. other machines on the
same uplink do not have similar issues. so i figure it may well be
the unsupported [by invidia] drivers on the geforce [through
strangedogs as sourced/flashed] . thing is, that route deadends on
other folks whims. i'm looking at downgrading or othergrading. just
because what do i do as things grow older and outer, and i'm holding?
on the funny fringe?

i got a beta of leopard a few months ago from a friend at mit and put
it on a partition of the hhd, which is another issue,[300 gb, but
showing way less, despite some efforts] but it ran fine. looking to
scrub that out and try leopard, but not for a couple of months. my
feeling is that tiger runs fine, and the multi features that leopard
offers can use some bedding in. no need for me to be on the bleeding
edge. but 10.5 [leopard] will run on machines that have sufficient
material resources, despite age. ymmv.

regards.

-=c'ham=-