[Cube] Confession...

Riba riba at ml1.net
Thu Mar 5 02:18:08 PST 2009

On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 11:04 +0100, "Luis Meleiro" <luis_meleiro at cilsp.com>
wrote:
> Thanks for chiming in Riba!
>
> I never liked the — white — iMacs too. I must confess the silvers
> impressed me for having a more pro look-a-like and they did feel really
> catchy to the eye.

Completely agree on that! The same is true for ne MacBooks as
well...whereas old plastic ones looked cheap compared to Pros, new ones
do not...

> My Cube is still taking care of all the main tasks: Websurfing, Mailing,
> Photoshoping/Illustrating, but it's a bit of frustrating each time you
> have to transfer 1GB (using one of the USB1 Cube ports) to a regular USB
> pen.
>
> I am still thinking and thinking, but the tempting price is challenging
> me.

I am actually contemplating getting a new Mini along with the biggest
(non-apple) display I can afford. I would mount the display to a LCD arm
fixed to the wall or the desk itself, so I can just get it out of the
way when I need the desk space. This is something that would eb a bit
more difficult with the iMac. Do they have the VESA mounting points for
a stand? Even if they did I'd probably need a hefty (expensive) arm to
hold it in place.

Also, am I the only one who finds the new keyboard without the numeric
part incredibly tempting? :)