[Cube] Confession...

Stefan no-spam at punkt-x.de
Thu Mar 5 11:38:38 PST 2009

Hello friends,

I hope it was not my person who brought the Mac mini-idea into this list :-(

>I am actually contemplating getting a new Mini along with the biggest
>(non-apple) display I can afford. I would mount the display to a LCD arm
>fixed to the wall or the desk itself, so I can just get it out of the
>way when I need the desk space. This is something that would eb a bit
>more difficult with the iMac. Do they have the VESA mounting points for
>a stand? Even if they did I'd probably need a hefty (expensive) arm to
>hold it in place.

to Riba:

I can recommend the Dell 2709 Display.
That's a TFT (of course:-) with 27-inch diagonal, but a 24" resolution of
1920 x 1200 pixel. A very positive side effect: the single pixel is
larger, better to regard when your eyes (like mine) become elder.

I bought it here in germany for just 630 Euro with a 5 year Dell warranty.
That's an excellent display with many options (2x DVI - you can
switch via button between the connected computers!, HDMI, VGA, and
different others incl. a multiformat-Cardreader and USB-hub, of
course Audio also). By the time: VESA is possible.

If there's interest, you could have a look onto online-reviews.
I bought mine after reading that review, unfortunately only available
in german:
http://www.prad.de/new/monitore/test/2008/test-dell-2709w.html

It is my second of this size from Dell. The model before was made
with better materials (brushed aluminium casing, really(!) excellent
stand, but 250 Euro more expensive)
The actual has a cheaper exterior but a better TFT.

A good choice. And I'm not working for Dell, I'm just user like you all.