[Cube] FireWire 400/800 Cable ...

Luis Meleiro luis_meleiro at cilsp.com
Mon Mar 9 05:06:06 PDT 2009

David: thanks a lot for the links. In fact, after reading the articles and watching the FW 800to400 options, it's really not the end of the world.
I am into graphic design (desktop publishing), but my main tasks at home do not involve/need professional solutions (I am actually replying using a PowerMac G5 DP 1.8GHz/4GB RAM that is my main working machine). Concerning my budget, I've got to confess that such difference prices were not in mind/pocket. Plus, the 20-inch iMac 2.66GHz/2GB RAM I'm interested in (prior to the latest FW800 only models), has got a 200 Eur extra discount.

LM
>>>On Mon, 9 de Mar de 2009 at 11:41, David Iverson <nebdave at me.com> wrote:

http://www.macworld.com/article/139179/2009/03/macminifirewire.html
and a review:
http://www.macworld.com/article/38675/2004/08/_ake_our_ire_ire_800_orts_se.html?lsrc=mwweek

What are your tasks? Do you need more screen real estate - maybe 24 vs. 20  Most important, what's your budget?

I don't think there is any turning back on the issue of sharing memory, it will be the way of the world, except for desktops that have slots available for additional video cards.

Dave Iverson

]