[Cube] How to make the Cube a multimedia server

Riba riba at ml1.net
Fri Mar 20 04:19:02 PDT 2009

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 12:11 +0100, "Luis Meleiro" <luis_meleiro at cilsp.com>
wrote:
> Riba: thanks for posting!
>
> My Cube has got the nVIDIA GeForce2 MX 32MB VRAM with ADC and VGA output.
> ADC is out of the question. So VGA should be my only option. Taking care
> of the audio signal shoudn't be an issue. I am currently using a Griffin
> iMic adapter which drives the sound through a conventional 3,5 Mini-jack
> cable. I have a Mini-jack to RCA cable that I could plug onto the
> auxiliary AUDIO IN RCA ports in the LCD TV.

Actually you should not rule out ADC - the ADC to DVI converter is very
cheap, and you can tack on DVI to HDMI adapter on top of that. However,
there is no way to accomplish that unless you have a hole under the cube
so all this stuff can fit in there. :) It might be easier to go the VGA
route...The main question is what would be your usage pattern for this
media server, then we can offer better suggestions. Also, you'd probably
want some way to remote control it...