[Cube] How to make the Cube a multimedia server

Luis Meleiro luis_meleiro at cilsp.com
Fri Mar 20 04:38:23 PDT 2009

Riba: replies after quotes/quizzes :-)

>Actually you should not rule out ADC - the ADC to DVI
>converter is very cheap, and you can tack on DVI to HDMI
>adapter on top of that.

You just made my day... this is really the EINSTEIN idea!

>However, there is no way to accomplish that unless
>you have a hole under the cube so all this stuff can fit in there.

This one sounds easy to accomplish: I would have to raise/elevate the Cube (if the cable mess wouldn't allow underneath fitting).

>It might be easier to go the VGA route...
VGA signal is weaker/distortioned in depth colour when connected to an LCD, isn't it!?

>The main question is what would be your usage pattern for
>this media server, then we can offer better suggestions. :)

I am actually thinking about movies, video clips, music and web surfing (there's maybe more stuff that I can recall of right now).

>Also, you'd probably want some way to remote control it...
1. I could have it remotely controled using Apple's Remote Desktop app. in the new 24-inch iMac?
2. Controlled using a USB BlueTooth adapter in the Cube and an Apple BlueTooth Keyboard+Apple BlueTooth mouse to take care of it?
LM

]