[Cube] How to make the Cube a multimedia server

George Pepper pep27 at mac.com
Fri Mar 20 05:18:49 PDT 2009

This brings up a question I've wondered about: Is there ANY Cube-
compatible video card that will run a 30" Cinema HD Display's
2,560x1,600 resolution?  The reason I ask is that the current 30" CHD
is about to be discontinued, so the prices will then drop, at which
point I'd like to get one (If for no other reason than to use one with
my G5).  A 30" CHD is no 42" plasma display, but it is plenty big
enough for my small living room, at which point I could set up a Cube
as my media machine... if there's a video card that will fit the Cube
that runs the 30" CHD, that is.

If you upgrade the Cube to OS X 10.5.6 and use a USB Bluetooth do-dad,
you could then use one of those nifty new Apple Wireless Keyboards
without the alphanumeric keypad for a remote.  They are very small and
very, very cool looking and feeling.

Geo