[Cube] USB wireless

Marc Stergionis stermarc at mac.com
Sat Apr 3 10:09:57 PDT 2010

On 4/3/10 10:58 AM, George Pepper wrote:
> I had an Xserve for a while and used a generic USB WiFi dongle with it
> without any problems.  Still not sure why you "guess" you need to
> change.  I have a Cube, two PowerBooks, a G5, a MacBook Pro and my
> iPhone through an Airport Extreme BS w/o issue.
>
> Pep

Have been told that WEP is not secure and, in any case, could not get
our two Droid phones to connect to the WEP setup. They would see it,
we'd password in then it would look for network IDs and fail to finish
the connection.

The phones connect to WPA but the Cube doesn't. Unless there's a
different, modern security setting/method that the original Airport card
in the Cube (not Airport extreme) can use that is better than WEP, and
usable by the Droids ...

The router is an Airport Extreme base station.

--
Marc Stergionis