[Cube] USB wireless

phoenix phoenix at cybernothing.org
Sat Apr 3 11:22:27 PDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 13:09, Marc Stergionis <stermarc at mac.com> wrote:

> Have been told that WEP is not secure

That is entirely relative. WEP keeps the honest ones honest. WPA is just
slightly stronger.  WPA2 is currently the toughest nut to crack.

Several of my neighbors and I just leave the networks open, not locked-down
like the city jail. All of the routers are password-protected to prevent
anyone from changing settings.  The machines themselves are secure, and if
someone REALLY wants to mess around, WPA2 can be broken in an hour or three
anyway.

But please, don't follow my example. Everyone should always lock down their
home networks with the strongest possible encryption -- otherwise, the
terrorists win.

AJM

--
They who would give up Essential Liberty
to purchase a little Temporary Safety,