[DigiCam] Slide scanner or copier?

Donald Hodgson dwhodgson at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 3 17:13:57 PST 2003

I have an Epson Perfection 2450 Photo scanner. It has a TMA (trans media
adapter) for scanning transparencies. It can scan transparencies up to 4" X
5". If you are scanning nothing larger than 35mm, get the model one step
down. It does a very fine job. I'm in the process of making a digital
catalogue of my father's photo collection. I've finished 5000 large
negatives and transparencies and I am now working my way through 4000-35mm
slides. I would be lost without this scanner. As a twain, I'm using
SilverFast 6. It seems to be much more user-friendly than the Epson twain.

I've just checked the Epson web site and found the Epson Perfection 3170 for
$199.00 USD. It does 35mm slides. <www.epson.com>.

Also you might wish to visit <www.scantips.com> for a great deal of scanning
info.

Donald