[DigiCam] Re: Slide scanner or copier?

Ron gMedia.DV at verizon.net
Wed Dec 3 18:07:42 PST 2003

Thanks Shirley for all the great info. I prefer to not get a flatbed. I have
an Epson and did not like the results the one time I tried it. I do like it
for scanning photos though. I don't have near as many as you do to scan at
this time, but if it goes good, I have more slides and hundreds if not
thousands of negatives from years ago, but I am pretty particular and want
the best or darn near the best. I have been looking at Nikon 8000ED with a
$500 rebate right now, Minolta, Canoscan, and PrimeFilm. Prices range from
$1850 to less than $600 and yes, I definately want the ICE software. And I
already have a DVD burner and it is great for backing up. I prefer not to
spend more than $1000. I may go ahead and try one of the lens attachments on
the Digital Rebel. My quick search didn't tell which lens it recommended,
but I think I recall that it wanted something in the medium portrait focal
length-around 75 to 120mm-so I guess that one would have to multiply that by
1.6. I got the 55 to 200 AFS lens with the camera in addition to the 18-55,
so I should be covered.

Take care!
Ron--