Thinking of a Coolpix 5700

shouston at infinito.it shouston at infinito.it
Mon Nov 3 00:39:38 PST 2003

I've read a few reviews on the 5700 and it sounds pretty good, especially as
the price seems to be coming down a bit, e.g. in Europe, it's in the 700
Euro range, which is in my budget of 700-800  euros.
We're looking for a 5MP camera with ultrazoom, i.e., min 8x.
If anyone has the 5700, I'd love to hear your opinions.
Any other recommendations?
I'm not yet ready to move up to the pro SLR digicams, so the Coolpix 5700
(or similar) looks pretty good for the time being. We want a good zoom and
the ability to print up to A4, for now. Non-pro use, mainly holiday and
family shots, lots of outdoor stuff.

I'm looking at a digital photo "package" of the 5700 and the Canon i965
printer. Any thoughts? Suggestions?
Thanks,

Chris