[DigiCam] Thinking of a Coolpix 5700

ShirleyK ShirleyKat at cox.net
Mon Nov 3 06:44:04 PST 2003

I can only say that I've enjoyed the Coolpix 995 for a couple years. I
was primarily interested in its macro capabilities. I thought about
moving up to the 5700, but just didn't think it was that much more
camera. When the Canon Digital Rebel was introduced, (SLR for $1000
with lens), it was obvious that this was the next step for me.

For what you want to do, the 5700 is more than adequate. Prices of all
serious point and shoot digitals like the 5700 should drop as a result
of the Rebel. Some have even questioned if there is a market for such
cameras anymore.

To get a really good idea of what the 5700 is like from owners, visit
the forums on dpreview. On the Digital Rebel forum, people post their
pictures and talk openly about every little feature. You can learn a
lot about what people like or do not like about their cameras on those
forums.

Can't help with the printer. I've stuck with Epson since I first
started printing photos, though I rarely print them anyway. They look
so much better on the monitor that I prefer slide shows with panning
and zooming into the photo and a musical background.

Shirley