Thinking of a Coolpix 5700v

shouston at infinito.it shouston at infinito.it
Tue Nov 4 05:34:28 PST 2003

Wow, thanks for all the good advice.
I have been reading the forums and there's lots to wade thru there, too.
Though it is obviously a great resource.

I hadn't heard of the Canon Digital Rebel, but for a bit more $ that might
be an option. Up till now I've seen that digital SLRs were at least $1000
more than the Coolpix 5700, so they didn't seem like a viable option.

A little unexpected money is coming my way and the "Mac photo bundle" I was
planning to buy my wife for Christmas is a G4 iBook 12", a 5MP ultrazoom
digicam (like the 5700) and a good photo printer (the new Canon i965 got a
great review from Steve's Digicams). She's a very good photographer but has
never used a digicam (though she has used dv video cameras), so I wanted
something compact and powerful for her first digicam. She has a nice Nikon
camera and has always liked Nikon quality. I wouldn't complain either if the
5700 started dropping in price...

Any other suggestions much appreciated. Thanks.

Chris