[DigiCam] Re: I'm ready to try again...Tropical camcorder stories?

Jill Whenmouth jillwhenmouth at mac.com
Thu Aug 5 15:39:16 PDT 2004

You know there are dehumicants (i think that's the word?)  available,
typically used in humid damp cupboards to keep them dry (that's how I know
about them).  Some come in bags.  I wonder if you could get a small bag of
this stuff to add to the bag holding the camera.  Since the bag of
demuicants that i know  usually have a granular contents in a wide mesh bag,
you likely would have to either put that bag in a narrower mesh or put the
camera in a soft cloth bag so that the granular stuff didn't get into the
camera.  Perhaps there are other more solid dehumicants.  (I think i can
remember elongated pill shape things that come in some items that I have
bought which I always figured was to keep out humidity.  What is it they put
in pill jars? are they dehumicants?

anyways... just a thought.

Jill