[DigiCam] Re: I'm ready to try again...Tropical camcorderstories?

ShirleyK ShirleyKat at cox.net
Thu Aug 5 17:12:13 PDT 2004

You can get the finer-grained stuff at craft shops. People use it to
dry flowers. However, I got a large container (like a gallon or so) of
much larger pieces. It was in the pet section and is added to cat
litter to absorb liquids. I don't know how readily available this is,
but you could put something like this in a cloth bag (or several small
bags). I might still want to keep the camera in another cloth bag as
well when it's in the case.

On the other hand, if you're in the tropics continuously, you have the
problem of drying the stuff out when it's absorbed its fill of water.
That probably means turning on the oven.  So I don't know how practical
this is. You'd have to do this every couple days I think.

Shirley