[DigiCam] advice? 4-5 megapixel choices

Mike Cameron mcamero at pop3.utoledo.edu
Fri Feb 13 05:57:48 PST 2004

I have the Sony 707 and am very pleased with it.  It is excellent in
low light.  Pictures taken indoors without flash, for example in a
museum, have looked great.  I like the zoom (5x).  The time between
pictures is a little disappointing if you are shooting action but it
seldom affects me.  One of the features I really like is the ability
to have the camera bracket the exposure and take 3 shots of every
scene.

What I feel are shortcomings.
Time to focus is a little long - expecially when taking pictures of
kids.  They have either moved and/or the picture becomes blurred.
Perhaps I could fix some of that by taking the camera out of
autofocus - dont' know yet.  This is my first automatic camera and I
love it.  The camera has a lot of manual options but so far I haven't
needed them.  It would be really nice to have a burst mode.

The closeup (macro) capability seems good.  I don't have much to
compare it to but it is nothing I would brag about.

I know I focused on the shortcomings to help you make a decision.
But I am very happy with the camera.

Mike
Sony 707 - 1 year  -  almost 3000 pics and counting