(DigiCam) Help For A Digital Camera Novice

Jim Adams jimjoadams2 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 11 15:11:31 PST 2004

I have a 2600Z Fuji camera that has quit working and I want to buy another
camera rather than having this one repaired.  The reasons being this camera
takes excellent pictures outside, but inside shots are lousy.  They are
always dark which I can usually make acceptable using my Photoshop Elements
2 program.  Although, under some lights I can do nothing to improve them.  I
think? the White Balance settings would solve this, but the manual White
Balance will not work on this camera except in the Suppressed Flash mode.
This makes it useless because of camera shake in this mode.

I have tried using a slave flash without much success.

My questions for you:  Can you recommend a camera in the $200 to $300 price
range that would have a stronger flash and manual white balance that would
work in any flash mode?

I do like the "pocket size" of the 2600Z and the AA size batteries, but
these are secondary to good pictures.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Jim Adams