[DigiCam] (DigiCam) Help For A Digital Camera Novice

ShirleyK ShirleyKat at cox.net
Thu Mar 11 18:34:37 PST 2004

I can't personally recommend any cameras that fit your criteria, but
there are probably lots of choices. I assume you know about
www.dpreview.com and could pick up a magazine or two on digital
photography, which should have lots of reviews (and ads in the back).
You might also want to just browse the web sites of the primary camera
manufacturers to compare their various models. A lot of 8 megapixel
cameras were just introduced (all using the same CCD), so that should
reduce prices on other models.

If you start looking around, you'll find plenty of additional criteria
to consider. It might be time to expand your your knowledge about
what's possible with today's cameras.  (I don't know how old your
current one is; my first digital camera was a Fuji MX700 and as far as
I know it still works fine today, though the person I gave it to really
isn't using it much, if at all.)

I was just reading about creating panoramas and learned that some
cameras help you out with this by showing you some of the last image so
you can overlap appropriately. They also lock the focus and white
balance so that doesn't vary between shots.

Shirley